Regarding connector netlink running out of buffer space.

mindentropy mindentropy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:35:00 EDT 2011

Hi,
  I am trying to benchmark connector netlink and am passing a file and sending
the same to listening userspace app's using connectors i.e. cat filename >
/dev/myconnector and an app listening. When I do this I always run into
ENOBUFS or "No buffer space available" for files greater than 2MB.
Now how should I fix this?
a) Increase the socket buffers? My rmem_max is 131071 and rmem_default is
126976
b) Should I check for the seq and ack and resend the packets? If yes how much
packets should I not discard to do a resend?

Are there any other ways? Also I am not sure why local loop would cause
enobufs? I am running this on a quad core with 3G of RAM.

Thanks.