Using RPMBUILD

Rodger Swann rodger.swann at dra-hq.com
Wed Jul 27 12:31:42 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have to use rpmbuild to build my kernel.   I also have to apply
patches and replace source code in the kernel source tree.   I have
figured out how to patch the files that I need patched by adding   Patch
blah and then AppyPatch in the spec file.  I then created a sym link to
the patch file in the rpmbuild SOURCES directory.

Now on to replacing the code in the source tree.  I have tried
untaring/unzipping the kernel source , putting in my source and
retarring and zipping, I have tried symlinking it, etc.  But each time
the build directory contains source code that is not the code that is
what I inserted and it is not clear to me where it is coming from.   I
am fairly frustrated so if anyway has encountered this or knows how to
do it I would appreciate the help.    Spoon feeding is not required a I
will gladly rtfm but I will need a nudge in the right direction.

Oh, here is the command that I am using:

rpmbuild -bb --target=`uname -m` --with baseonly --without kabichk
kernel.spec

Rodger