how to apply patches from git ?

RKK kulkarni.ravi4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:43:07 EDT 2011

Hi Prashant ,

>>> If its a public mailing list then I use a newsgroup reader that will
>>> allow me to download the entire patch email as file and then use the
>>> git apply on it.
>>>
>>  may i know which newsgroup reader u use and how to setup that? thanks.
>>

> I use Pan News reader
>
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/
>
> Server : news.gmane.org
> Linux Kernel : http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel

 thanks for that i have set up the pan news reader. i tried applying
patch but it dint work.
guess have to check git apply for that.
also, how do u clone a particular git tree for a particular tag
for example
if i use git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
linux-2.6
it will clone the linus latest tree but if i want to clone only till
rc4 or rc5 of his tree how to do it.

Warm Regards,
Ravi Kulkarni.