data transfer from kernel to user space

Tirtha Ghosh gtirtha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:21:42 EDT 2011

Use a shared memory between user space and kernel space.
The same physical memory can be translated as user-space virtual address as
well as kernel space.
See more about mmap, io_remap_pfn_range etc. and you will get an idea.

The main advantage with this u can avoid copying data between two spaces but
disadvantage associated is u need to request  a fixed memory chunk from
kernel for this purpose.