Asking advice for graduate study

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:07:48 EST 2011

Hi Cheng...

Ni hao ma? :)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 20:02, cheng chen <freakrobot at acm.org> wrote:

> I am going to further my education in graduate school of Master of Science
> degree. I am interested in network, but I am not sure what direction I
> should choose and which professional books I should read.

You need to be clear here....are you aiming for mastering devices like
Cisco routers? Are you going to be an engineer that deploy WiMax? or
what?

> In summary, I have both the fundamental knowledge about network programming
> as well as communication theory.

or...since you had said above....network protocol programmer in
kernel? ethernet device kernel module programmer?

> By the way, I am especially interested in how the whole network
> system works, rather than how two single points communicate.
> If you have any suggestion about what I could do next (areas, books,
> whaever~), please be kind to tell me. Thank you very much.
maybe I am wrong, but...let me guess, are you in need of a book like this?
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596002558

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa