kernel 3.2rc4 hangs if I use allyesconfig

rajaneesh acharya rajaneeshacharya at indiatimes.com
Fri Dec 9 11:09:16 EST 2011

Hi

  I created a kernel using the target as allyesconfig. The machine fails to bootup (just hangs with 100% cpu utilization) with message "Booting the kernel"
If I use the config from a distro and create the kernel image, it boots fine..

  Apart from the fact that allyesconfig will create a bulky kernel image and loads lots of drivers that are not needed, what could be other reasons why this would fail.. I have 8GB RAM and AMD Quad code..

  For above testing, I used QEMU command as below
>>qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0 -initrd test.cpio.gz

Regards
Rajaneesh

PS: Config file has been created using allyesconfig, hence not attached..