Device Driver Help

Naveen Kumar navee83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:45:56 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am very new to device driver area and has some basic knowledge of char and
block device driver and linux kernel. I am little bit aware of some of
subsystem of kernel but I am not able to co-relate which device driver file
is pure software driver and more or less part of kernel subsystem to achieve
hardware abstraction and which driver files deals with real hardware.
It would be great help if someone can provide some real example with some
open hardware datasheet, some basic code snippet will help me a lot.

Thanks,
A Kernel Newbie