New to the group

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Sep 23 23:19:47 EDT 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:10 AM Matthew Chambers <nr0q at gridtracker.org>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to this email group and am wanting to look at including a ham
> radio software program that our team is working on in future versions of
> Fedora (and eventually other RHEL based distros).

Welcome!

> What I'm not finding easily is what the actual requirements to have
> software included in the Fedora repos?

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/  and links there
are a great place to get started.  If you've not packaged anything before,
you'll need to follow the process and obtain a sponsor as well.

> The program in question is GridTracker (licensed under the BSD 3-Clause
> license) with source code and RPM files available.

The spec files in the upstream will need a bit of cleanup work to meet the
packaging guidelines reference in the link above.. The Makefile for
installation is pretty light so the spec file is having to do a good bit
more than typical 'make install'.

Thanks,
Matt