QUISK and linrad

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:28:52 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Keith Bellairs <keith at bellairs.org> wrote:

> I am new to the list. Ham, inactive for many years while playing in the
> software domain. Now I have put up an antenna and fired up my old rig. Very
> interested in SDR. Tried to run QUISK in f23 and it fails. Google search
> suggests others have tried and given up. Does anyone know how to run QUISK?

Unfortunately there's not a lot of traffic on this list but welcome to the
group anyway!

I have not dived into SDR yet but I do maintain several ham related
packages, fldigi (and other flxxx programs in the NBEMS suite), cqrlog,
chirp, LinLog, aprsdigi, the AX.25 stack, hamlib, qsstv, to name a few :)

Or should I just try linrad? Or gnuradio?

> Notably I do not have any SDR hardware yet, so thoughts on interesting
> (for a ham) SDR would also be useful.

Like I said, I haven't tried yet but I've seen the most talk about gnuradio
on other ham related lists.

Thanks,
Richard