Porting Interrupt registertion code from kernel 2.6 to kernel 4.14

Khalid F. Sabzwari kfsabzwari at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 04:14:06 EDT 2024

Hello,
I am trying to port my older KLM (Kernel Loadable Module) file (klm_prc.ko)  which I insmod on kernel 2.6 and which used to register interrupt using following method:request_irq(INTR_ID, (void *)intr_isr, IRQF_DISABLED, "INTR ISR", NULL)

However above call throws error when I insmod it on kernel 4.14
# > insmod klm_prc.ko
klm_prc: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.KERNEL_VERSION 132619LINUX_VERSION_CODE 265728
unable to install INTR handlerFailed to install ISR 0insmod: can't insert 'klm_prc.ko': Resource temporarily unavailable# >
My question is, how do I properly port this code to kernel 4.14 ? in other words, how to I register interrupt service routine (isr) in kernel version 4.14?
thanks,Khalid.

thanks,Khalid.