Google Summer of Code / Mentorship Opportunity

Isaac Cilia Attard iciliaat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 08:28:59 EST 2024

Dear *Kernel Newbies* community,

I am a second year student of computer science at the *University of London*.
I've seen that the *Linux Foundation* is participating in the *Google
Summer of Code 2024*, and would be interested in getting involved. I am
primarily interested in the main kernel subsystem, however, I am open to
the others too. I have tried some basic operating system development
before, however, I am still much of a rookie. Regardless of whether I am
chosen or not, I would be interested in participating in the community.
Ultimately, I am here to deepen my understanding of operating systems, and
contribute meaningfully to the *Linux *kernel, my favourite *UNIX* descendant.
I would therefore appreciate it if somebody could guide me on how to
achieve my goal, or provide mentorship to help get me up to speed.

Thanks for considering my request. I look forward to the opportunity of
working with you.

Sincerely,
Isaac Cilia Attard