from CoLinux to MoreLinux :D

Richard richard_siegfried at systemli.org
Sat Dec 9 14:01:06 EST 2023

I looked at this,

L4 is a family of Microkernels:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L4_microkernel_family

L4Re is a project to let other operating system kernels run as processes
on top of a L4 Kernel. But they are still monolithic kernels even when
you run them on top of another kernel. Actually all this is similar to Xen.

Since you are interested in those things I would really recommend
reading one of the textbooks. "Modern Operating Systems" by Tanenbaum
even has a chapter on exactly this it's called "Are hypervisors
microkernels done right?"

-- Richard