Looking for ways to contribute

Richard richard_siegfried at systemli.org
Sun Aug 6 07:29:15 EDT 2023

I can recommend something I did:

Read and figure out network source code (whatever interests you in
net/ipv4/ for example) and wheneever you have understood what a function
does write some documentation for it (ideally in the kerneldoc format)
and submit this doc as your patch.

Also, as a prerequisite, I recommend you to read "Linux Kernel
Development" by Robert Love. It's important to get the fundamental
differences to user space. For example the whole thing that there is
process context and interrupt context. And what softirqs are.

-- Richard