"tftp: sendto: Network is unreachable" during tftp on a virtual machine. What config should I add to kernel build?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Mar 25 00:04:25 EDT 2022

On 3/24/22 8:02 PM, Chan Kim wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> Could anyone tell me what is missing from the defconfig below? (using
> e1000 in qemu virtual machine).

The thing that I don't see is an actual configuration for the kernel to
use the network.  Maybe I'm overlooking or completely misunderstanding it.

In the past, when I used an NFS root, I had to include parameters on the
kernel command line to bring the network interface up, including IP,
netmask.  I was using a directly attached (same subnet) NFS server, so I
didn't need to mess with a default gateway.

I don't know if that helps or not.  Maybe it will give you a direction
to look and rule things out.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die