Status of a kernel.org hosted project, mmsd?

Chris Talbot chris at talbothome.com
Wed Mar 31 13:52:50 EDT 2021

Hello,

I am reaching out here in the hopes of finding out the status of a
kernel.org hosted project, mmsd. Bottom line, I think it is abandoned.
I think this based on on the fact that despite attempting to contact
the maintainers several times in the past few months over several forms
of communication, I never got a reply. Additionally, it seems to have
not been worked on in quite some time.

I am trying to find out how I can submit patches for it, and if it
makes sense to find a new maintainer for it. Upstream is here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/ofono/mmsd.git

I have attempted to contact the ofono maintainers via IRC in December
2020, January 2021, and February 2021 in regards to submitting patches.
I have yet to recieve a reply.

I also tried to submit patches for mmsd on the Ofono Mailing List
starting in February of 2021:
https://lists.ofono.org/hyperkitty/list/ofono@ofono.org/thread/HFGZCER3I6G52SPSG44OC4KTHDO2ZEC6/
https://lists.ofono.org/hyperkitty/list/ofono@ofono.org/thread/CVOWCDC7H4G4F3N4RTUPPLOTJQ7LCHDY/
https://lists.ofono.org/hyperkitty/list/ofono@ofono.org/thread/C47Q5UY2NVHQHTDHG6RP3FR47G6U4CXC/
None of my emails got a reply.

At the advice of some other devs, I have additionally tried emailling
the Linux-netdev group mailing list, the authors listed on mmsd, and
the folks who have contributed in the past, but that also did not
recieve a reply.

If you are curious to see the status of my work, it is here:
https://source.puri.sm/kop316/mmsd/

Thank you for your time!

Respectfully,
Chris Talbot