"Invalid signature" issue on dev kernel launch

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Mar 23 17:08:47 EDT 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 18:36:58 +0200, Gidi Gal said:

> knowledge on this subject), I am now facing "invalid signature" error when
> I reboot with my installed dev kernel.

When/where exactly are you getting that error? There's three major
places where things can go wrong:

1) If you're using secure boot, and the grub2 stuff isn't signed by
a certificate your BIOS/EFI knows about.

2) If you're using secure boot, and the kernel itself isn't signed by
a certificate that grub2 knows about.

3) If your kernel config says modules have to be signed, and a module
isn't properly signed with a certificate that your kernel knows about.