How to switch between installed kernel and developed kernel

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Mar 23 11:06:06 EDT 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 00:29:10 -0400, Aruna Hewapathirane said:

> Use : linux-check-removal <uname-r of your kernel to remove>

That's a debian-specific thing...

> > Seriously - if you're not comfortable with that level of sysadmin
> > procedures,
> > maybe you shouldn't be a kernel hacker...
>

> Do not listen to Valdis in this case as we were all newbies at one time

That's not what I said.

What I *said* was "if you're a newbie who's all "ZOMG I'm going to accidentally break it"
maybe you shouldn't be a kernel hacker. :)

> And listen to more experienced folk like Valdis who probably knows more
> about all the subsystems than anyone.

Oh, there's people like Greg KH who know a lot more than I do.  He's also
*paid* to know a lot more than I do. :) After 4 decades in IT, I've just gotten
good at debugging and knowing where to start checking for more data on
something.