How to switch between installed kernel and developed kernel

Gidi Gal gidi.gal.linux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 08:11:58 EDT 2021

Hello,

I am new to kernel development, currently working on
https://kernelnewbies.org/FirstKernelPatch. I reached the step "Install
your changes" in "Modifying a driver on native Linux". I would like to
separate my developed kernel and my installed kernel and to switch between
the two in order to test my changes. I am not sure that my tutorial
explains how to do that. If you have a link that proposes a workflow for
this request (or if my tutorial does explain this workflow and I'm missing
the exact paragraph that does that) please let me know.

Thanks,
Gidi