picking the first patch

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Mar 21 12:14:22 EDT 2021

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 12:03:36PM -0400, Harsha Vardhan wrote:
> Any thoughts on whether I should just do a checkpatch.pl change as my first
> patch ?

You should do a checkpatch.pl change as your first patch :)

That way you can focus on the process more than the technical aspects of
the patch (git, changelog text, subject line, email, submission,
revision, acceptance, etc.) and not have to worry a lot about breaking
working code or not.

After you get the process working properly for you, then move to
changing real code and contributing that way.

But that's just a suggestion, not a requirement, you can do whatever you
want to do :)

good luck!

greg k-h