Missing panic logs in /var/log/kern.log

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:38:01 EDT 2021

pstore looks very promising. I tried pstore with backup as efivars and it
works.

Although efivars works, I would like to use the pstore with ramoops and I
am currently having difficulty in choosing the correct ramoops.mem_address.

I enabled the related configs and using command line parameters as shown in
the documentation
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.14/admin-guide/ramoops.html

Ex usage is: `mem=128M ramoops.mem_address=0x8000000 ramoops.ecc=1`
0x8000000 is the start of the kernel code section according to
`/proc/iomem`. So, I need to find a different location.

In /proc/iomem I can see a few sections of ram marked as "System RAM" and
"Reserved"
I tried to use these addresses but using them causes weird behavior and the
system is freezing while booting up.
*So, how do I select a 128 MB space on my ram and dedicate it for ramoops?*