My effort to learn Linux kernel development

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:32:53 EDT 2021

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 12:13 PM Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 04:54:41AM +0530, Amit Kumar wrote:

> > Is there any online method to interact with Mr. Greg Kroah Hartman?
>
> Send patches for review.
I sent my solo patch back in 2017. But this time I am expecting to
send a never-ending stream of patches.

> > >   also, if you want to get started mucking with the kernel and
> > > submitting patches, consider improving the documentation -- there is a
> > > lot of documentation that is at least a little out of date and could
> > > use all the help it can get, and that's an easy and safe way to get
> > > started getting your name into the kernel git log.
> > >
> > I know well that there is not any book that provides current knowledge
> > about the Linux kernel.
> > So, I have decided to make my blog (https://freeark1blog.blogspot.com)
> > a gateway to the Linux kernel development.
> >
> > Why were the last kernel book by Mr. Greg Kroah Hartman and et. al. canceled?
>
> Long story, not involving the authors at all.  A new version is not
> going to happen any year soon so don't even worry about it.

Thanks for your words. I kindly request your mentorship. So that it
will be easy for me to make my blog
(https://freeark1blog.blogspot.com) as
a gateway to the Linux kernel development.

Regards,
Amit Kumar