My effort to learn Linux kernel development

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:24:41 EDT 2021

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 8:26 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2021, Jules Irenge wrote:
>
> > I normally learn the kernel on weekends. Reading R. Love and
> > practicing by coding what you learn is the best way. Also, trying to
> > submit simple patches on some free time is a good way , meeting Greg
> > Kroah and Shuan, they are fantastic people to learn from.
Is there any online method to interact with Mr. Greg Kroah Hartman?

>   as the tech editor of the r. love kernel book, i can safely say that
> there are no really current kernel books out there anymore -- the best
> docs are the in-kernel ones.
I started reading documents from the Documentation folder.

>   also, if you want to get started mucking with the kernel and
> submitting patches, consider improving the documentation -- there is a
> lot of documentation that is at least a little out of date and could
> use all the help it can get, and that's an easy and safe way to get
> started getting your name into the kernel git log.

I know well that there is not any book that provides current knowledge
about the Linux kernel.
So, I have decided to make my blog (https://freeark1blog.blogspot.com)
a gateway to the Linux kernel development.

Why were the last kernel book by Mr. Greg Kroah Hartman and et. al. canceled?