Interested in kernel development

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:20:39 EDT 2021

Hi Athul,
I think people find learning kernel development difficult due to the
following reasons,
I) Lack of understanding about the underlying hardware.
II) In the Linux kernel, some features are used which is specific to
the GCC toolchain.
III) There is also a good amount of assembly is being used which in
turn also needs the underlying hardware knowledge.
III) Last but not less important, An operating system does all its
tasks by itself. It runs in a freestanding environment. So we need the
patience to learn every aspect of an operating system.

My next article which completes the minimal C program is coming soon.
Please, stay tuned.

Regards,
Amit Kumar
https://twitter.com/freeark1