How to replace set_fs(KERNEL_DS) for a kernel 5.10.x module driver version

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Jan 12 04:28:20 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 09:12:36AM +0000, Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo wrote:
> >> Well, I don't know if I'm allowed to share the full source code...
> >> But, is it not enough with the minimal code I attached to grasp the
> >> problem?
> >
> >I'm not allowed to help vendors with closed source kernel modules,
> >sorry.
>
> I understand you... I'll ask for permission because there are no
> secrets no patents in the code. It's only an old code unmanteined I
> was trying to update to last kernel version.

Patents have almost nothing to do with licenses, we have many things in
the Linux kernel that are under a GPLv2 license that have patents issued
for (and are actively enforced.)  The GPL can, and does, work with the
patent system, so if that's a reason that any company tries to give for
not releasing kernel code, it's very misinformed.

Anyway, off-topic but I figured I would try to clear that up.

good luck!

greg k-h