Does 'make oldconfig' work across different architectures?

ckim at etri.re.kr ckim at etri.re.kr
Thu Feb 18 22:07:11 EST 2021

Hello folks,

When we want to use an old .config file for a new kernel build, we can use
(place in build location) that .config and do 'make oldconfig' so that the
build system lets us to fill the new config variables.

I'm curious if this 'make oldconfig' will work if the old .config is from
different architecture (like sparc) and I have to configure it for aarch64.

The old .config file is a minimal configuration with timer, interrupt
controller and uart for minimal linux booting.

Thanks!

Chan Kim