grab raw data from microphone and send it to the output

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Feb 7 08:45:15 EST 2021

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 04:38:08PM +0300, Ivan Riabtsov wrote:
> I want to experiment with active noise cancellation, i want to receive
> a wave from an input device (microphone), invert the wave and send it
> to the output device (headphone or speaker). Therefore, I need a
> minimum delay.

Then I strongly suggest you look into a much smaller kernel, on a
dedicated tiny microcontroller, as that's what systems that do this
today use.

But if you just want to try it with your laptop, good luck, latencies in
your hardware itself are probably going to prevent this from being
possible.

greg k-h