Enquiry for contribute in Linux Kernel

Krishna Deshpande krishna.desh2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 09:29:46 EST 2021

The basic C/C++ you've learned is necessary but in OS Dev things are bit different I would suggest you to look around https://kernelnewbies.org/ https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/ and try to get a sense of things. I would also suggest you to take a look at https://wiki.osdev.org/ this isn't a Linux kernel specific thing but you can learn a lot from here. Most important thing is don't get overwhelmed by the source code of Linux try to focus on one struct, function or something like that and try to unravel it from there instead of trying to read every word from https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source