What to do when a patch set gets no reply for 3 weeks ?

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Sep 29 08:07:55 EDT 2020

Hi,

Greg KH wrote:
> repost it and don't worry about it, maintainers get behind.

Will do.

> Also, I think the scsi list wants developers to help review other
> patches, right?  Why not help out with that while you wait for your
> patches to be reviewed?

My SCSI knowledge is concentrated on optical drives, which i am used to
operate from userland via ioctl(SG_IO). So if it's not about cdrom or sr
(or isofs), i am not qualified to have an own opinion.

I saw no patch sets which would deal with my topics, other than the very
broad one by Christoph Hellwig which by two patches affects sr:
  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/b5e51c24-b9a6-979f-8fe0-f762f113bba3@kernel.dk/T/#t

I studied it, but the only thought it gave me was that my wished new ioctl
had to become more independent of the entrails of general block device
handling. (Now it is much leaner and less needy of justifications that it
is indeed harmless.)

Hm. Jens Axboe writes "Applied". Maybe i can learn to which repo and
rebase my patch for that one ...

Have a nice day :)

Thomas