HOW DO I KNOW SOMEONE RECEIVED MY PATCH

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 01:28:08 EDT 2020

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:10 AM Ronald P Guilmet <ronpguilmet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sure this has been asked before. I couldn't find any searches that answer this for me. I did the following:
>
> I made a file checkpatch clean.
> I checked my patch with checkpatch clean
> I used get_maintainer script to get emails to use for patch
> I used git send-email. The results are OK
> My concern is that my sendmail may not be setup right? I use Mutt and I have the muttrc setup as the Kernel docs show.
>
> Sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail -i pmladek at suse.com andriy.shevchenko at linux.intel.com sergey.senozhatsky at gmail.com gregkh at linuxfoundation.org gustavoars at kernel.org linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org ronpguilmet at gmail.com

Ronald, you can check on lore.kernel.org if it has been received on
the mailing list; I could not find it there after a quick look. Maybe
there was a technical issue when you sent it?

Generally, do not expect that checkpatch cleanup patches are well
received. It would be better if you could actually test the braille
console and find out if it still works properly, or to fix actual
bugs, e.g., http://syzkaller.appspot.com/, might list some that are
relevant and can be reproduced easily.

Also, a subject line in capital letters is considered equivalent to
shouting; there is no need to raise your voice here, though.

Lukas