Where to place my driver

jaap aarts jaap.aarts1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:26:33 EDT 2020

Hello kernel newbies,

I am currently writing a driver for asetek 6th gen CPU coolers.
Communication to these coolers goes via USB, but 3/4 (but not all!!)
metrics are hwmon metrics.
There is a case for either USB or hwmon but I don't know where I am
supposed to put my driver.
There is also the 1/4, RGB controls, these obviously don't fit in
hwmon, but I don't know where to put these kinds of controls in the
filesystem.
If anyone could help me with these 2 choices I can start submitting my
first code (I already have fan control working).

Thanks,

Jaap Aarts