is there a macro symbol for strlen($LINUX_SOURCE_PATH)

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 5 16:23:21 EDT 2019

On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 08:31:55 -0600, jim.cromie at gmail.com said:

> So I feel compelled to offer a fix for dynamic_debug, attached.
> hopefully it explains adequately, I have some doubts..
>
> maybe this should go to LKML now,
> but I guess Id prefer to make my obvious thinkos less publicly.
> Im happy to bikeshed the commit-msg or code.

You should find a way to test that this is TRTTD for all gcc releases still
supported for building a kernel (which may mean finding a 4.8 or 4.9 to
test on to see if it uses relative or full paths).

Removing these functions for kernels built with pre-change gcc will cause some
semantic changes. Probably the *right* thing to do is to figure out what
release it was changed in, and do some hacking to include/config/compiler-gcc.h.

In addition, any such patches should be at least non-hostile to the ongoing
effort to get a kernel tree that builds with clang rather than gcc.