Can't seem to find a maintainer for init/* files

Paulo Almeida paulo.miguel.almeida.rodenas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:33:00 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I was reading the KernelJanitor/Todo webpage and found the printk-related
task that had to be done.

I eventually came across this piece of code that led me to 2 questions that
I couldn't answer myself
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blame/master/init/do_mounts.c#L434-L455

1 - This specific code block has been around for quite some time and many
additions using the correct printk(KERN_* were made after it was written.
Does that mean that this code block is an exception and should be left
as-is for some technical reason? Or, people have somehow forgotten about it
and I finally found something to do? :)

2 - I took a look at the https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS list
and their respective folders/repos and couldn't find out who would be the
person who I should eventually send the patches to. Is there any
"fallthrough" maintainer when there isn't one specified? (Please put me
straight if I'm not seeing things from the right angle)

Best regards,

Paulo Almeida