Try/catch for modules?

Martin Galvan omgalvan.86 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:43:58 EDT 2019

El jue., 17 oct. 2019 a las 19:13, Valdis Klētnieks
(<valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu>) escribió:

> For starters, the *correct* in-kernel way to deal with this is:
>         if (!ptr) {
>                 printk("You blew it!\n");
>                 goto you_blew_it;
>         }

goto statements are harmful. In any case, what I meant was to have
some sort of safety net to prevent exceptions (i.e. if I screw up and
forget a NULL check) from panicking the system.

> Also, "current PID" and "my module" aren't two things that can correspond....

I don't understand what you mean by that. Module code (e.g. an ioctl)
runs as some process. In the case of an ioctl, I'd assume it's the
same PID of the user process.