Update: I2C bus driver TIMEDOUT because of PM autosuspend

Primoz Beltram primoz.beltram at kate.si
Thu Nov 28 04:32:42 EST 2019

I must update my report. It is not PM autosuspend (void calls do
nothing, no miracle here).

This morning I reproduced the I2C timeout error also with
XIIC_PM_TIMEOUT=10000 delay. For several days some other change was
misleading me to PM autosuspend conclusion.

What looks to me now is that just slight change in driver code (e.g. add
or remove dev_info() call) changes the execution timing pattern of
driver and this then determine if the problem probability window is hit
or not. Probability to hit the problem is very low.

The driver timeout error and its result to I2C bus blocked is still a
problem.

I would still like to let the maintainer aware of this problem.