Question regarding kernel?

Strahinja Mitrovic smitrovic.work at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 02:40:41 EST 2019

Hi,
I'm a new subscriber, and i have a question regarding the uart driver and
kernel.
How does uart driver reset the counter of input serial line interrupts?

I'm currently using ioct with TIOCGICOUNT on linux for retrieving counts of
input serial line interrupts.

The counts are written to the serial_icounter_struct.

Most data fields are 32-bit integers.

What happens if a number of counts for a certain input line is greater then
32-bit integer value?

Does a system refresh counter on daily basis automatically?

Is there a way to reset a counter so that starts again from 0?
Best Regards,
Strahinja Mitrovic