tty: uart: loopback test

hariprasad kelam hariprasad.kelam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:15:14 EDT 2019

Hi Subhashini,

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 17:23, Subhashini Rao Beerisetty <
subhashbeerisetty at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>

> I’m looking for an userspace ‘C’ test code to transfer a file on UART
> Tx line and receive the file on UART Rx line to test loopback
> supported serial port.

Before sending file on UART . I would suggest you to test sending simple
buffer and ensure you receive it correctly.

> Can anybody give example of such application?

I am assuming  you have correct hardware ,ensure RS-232 RX-TX lines are
short.If you are not sure follow below link
[image: image.png]

Coming to application which tests loop back,there are plenty tools like
1.minicom
2.cutecom etc.

if you want to specific application try below
https://elinux.org/images/b/b7/Uart-loopback.c
https://medium.com/@amitasinghchauhan/serial-port-debugging-101-loopback-test-4a7e40da9055