Finding all modules which consume kernel lib?

Andy Nicholas andy.nicholas at shield.ai
Sat Mar 9 03:07:00 EST 2019

Hello,

Is there a website or service or tool or package or script or something
which allows me to determine which pieces of the compiled kernel
(especially modules) contained the source-code changes I might make to any
given directory? Like a kernel-code dependency graph website?

For instance, assume I made a change to code in net/wireless/. How do I
figure out which pieces of the kernel or modules get linked against the
library built from this directory?

I could attempt to trace the kernel's build output line-by-line and then
grep through the output looking for which other code is linking against
cfg80211. That is way too tedious. In this case I would like to know which
kernel modules I would need to, potentially, re-test because I apply a
patch to this directory.... without examining the build logs.

In my case I'm applying some patches and I'd like to make sure I am
installing and testing the correct set of related atheros modules.

Thank you,

andy