How to debug throughput issues?

Hariprasad Kelam hariprasad.kelam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 22:14:44 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:26:54PM +0530, Subhashini Rao Beerisetty wrote:
Hi  Subhashini,

Please see inline,
>  Hi All,
>
>  I’ve two Bluetooth dongles and connected to two Linux
> systems(hostname1, hostname2). I’ve a test executable and it creates a
> BT link does the file transfer and calculates the throughput.

Are these dongle supports classic mode or Ble?
Which profile are you using to establish connection between these two? (
PAN, ..etc)
>  I repeated the same test with the same BT dongles on another
> different Linux systems(hostname3, hostname4), here I’m getting less
> data rate.

After inserting dongles to host are you getting serial interface
/dev/tty* or hci interface ?
If its hci interface ,you can use hcidump to see packets  and check MTU
size
> Here first I want to narrow down whether the issue is below device
> driver level or above device driver level and where the bottleneck is?
> which tools will help me to debug this kind of issue?

I think before jumping into driver level ,its better to ensure all
bluetooth parameters are same on both the setups.

Thanks,
Hariprasad k