GPIO Driver for Skylake-Y PCH

Alexander Ivanov amivanov at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:39:23 EDT 2019

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 03:12 -07:00, Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Usually to check this is better to run
> 	grep -H 15 /sys/bus/acpi/devices/*/status
> which return you the list of *present and available* ACPI devices.

It looks like INT344B device is neither present nor available. This device isn't in the list returned by above grep.
Its status actually returns 0. What could be reasons for that?

>   to use character device; libgpiod tools will help you with that

It's good to know there is C library for handling gpio. But this is user-land thing. I'm interested in kernel's means to handle gpios. And for experiments I'd rather use tools/gpio/. Anyway, I can figure out how to use kernel API. At the moment though I need to understand what's wrong with my platform and how can I fix/make it work.

Thx!