how long wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout() blocks

Subhashini Rao Beerisetty subhashbeerisetty at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:16:16 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I’ve two Linux systems, I tried to measure how long
wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout() blocked after completion
is signaled by complete() call. I noticed two different results in
both systems.

In one system I noticed this duration in between 10 to 60 micro
seconds, where as in other system  it is in between 20 to 500 micro
seconds. I’d like to know what factors can affect this latency? Also,
is there any solution to reduce this latency?

Thanks,