Help: using the scull driver

Elias Kouskoumvekakis eliaskousk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:52:54 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Yacov Simhony <ysimhony at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried to port the code to run with my linux version, but I got
> stuck when it comes to exchange the old semaphores with the newly
> introduced mutexes.
>
> I also tried to install linux version 2.6.35 on my machine, but I could
> compile the code. I assume it's related to the gcc version, but I don't
> know how to handle this.
>
> Can you give me some advice here?

Hi Yacov,

you can use the following repository which contains updated code for recent
kernels. I tested it last year and IIRC it was working fine.

https://github.com/martinezjavier/ldd3

It is now possibly a bit out of date for the 5.1 kernel, but whatever you
encounter will probably be easier to fix than the original code of the book.

Best,
Elias