Missing FDT description in DTB

Tomek Domek tomekdomek8585 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:03:34 EST 2019

Hi
I have FSBL and SSBL. SPL uboot starts successfully and u-boot.img is
loaded successfully but it hangs on 'boot_from_devices' function and
'fit_find_config_node':

fit_find_config_node: Missing FDT description in DTB
No matching DT out of these options:
Firmware image with one or more FDT blobs
boot_from_devices error
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

I have suspicion that I wrongly create u-boot.img. My system build do this
by executing:

./tools/mkimage -f auto -A arm -T firmware -C none -O u-boot -a 0x100000 -e
0 -n "someName" -E  -d u-boot-no-dtb.bin u-boot.img  >/dev/null
The same issue occurs when I use u-boot-dtb.bin version.
The value 0x100000 is the value stored in CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE.

 And this uboot and spl is somekind of experimental software which is in
the middle of creation. Could anyone try to guide what might be possible
the reason of the issue as I am a bit new in u-boot development?

BR
Tomek