Driver for t2uh mt7610e/mt7610e (was Re: Frank

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Aug 3 14:27:06 EDT 2019

On Sat, 03 Aug 2019 10:57:15 -0400, Pastor Frank Ernesto Ramírez Torres said:

> Hi, I downloaded the Linux 5.2.5 kernel from your website. I have a tplink
> t2uh that I would like to operate on the Debian 9.0 system that I have
> installed. Note that there is an option in the configuration to compile the
> mt7610u driver. But after enabling it in .config, compile it, install it
> and connect the t2uh nothing happens. The dmesg tells me that it tries to
> load the mt7610e first but he does not find it. It changes for mt7610u and
> when trying to load it, error -2 occurs

The first thing missing from this info is any messages from dmesg from when the
driver loads and tries to initialize.

Also, if this is a USB device, plug it in and do an 'lsusb' and provide the
output so we can see what the USB device ID is.  There's a very real
possibility that one of the mt7610 drivers supports the chipset in the device,
but nothing tries to claim it because none of the drivers have that device ID
in their tables.

Also, I fixed the Subject: line for you - the original was uninformative to the
point of looking spammy...