interruptible sleep tasks

Muni Sekhar munisekharrms at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 06:56:40 EDT 2018

Hi All,

During kernel drivers testing I see lot of user mode applications
blocks forever in interruptible sleep mode.  Is there any way to get
the corresponding kernel functions stack trace ?

I see kernel has “hung_task_timeout_secs” parameter and when a task in
D state did not get scheduled for more than this value report a
warning.

Similarly is it possible to get a warning or kernel functions stack
trace when a task in “S - interruptible sleep mode” and did not get
scheduled for certain duration?

--
Thanks,
Sekhar