Backporting stacked security patch

Lev Olshvang levonshe at yandex.com
Tue Oct 30 14:19:08 EDT 2018

Hi Greg,

Thanks for a reply.

While diff between two kernels is indeed tremendous, the commits which were done in security subsystem do not look too bid,.
There are 7 commits, and 2 of them is about comments and one about file deletion.

I see that in 4.1 Smack was changed  (couple of commits) and about 12 commits in
SeLinux and Smack that we were changed  in 4.0,  and in 3.19 only IMA was changed.

So the job is to apply very limited number of commits, and commits of 4.1 or 4.0 are not important for me because I am interested only in Apparmor
stacking

Perhaps I am overlooking some basic issue ?

As I stated, I have no option to come to customer and ask to upgrade his kernel, but I will try to put his attention to mentioned by you cease of security updates.

Best Regards
Lev