[ARM64] Printing IRQ stack usage information

Pintu Agarwal pintu.ping at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:43:48 EST 2018

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 20:10:28 +0530, Pintu Agarwal said:
>
> > > Look at the code controlled by '#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE'
>
> > For example: is it possible to keep storing the irq_stack_usage (for
> > each cpu in a variable) information from boot time, and then use this
> > variable to dump the irq_stack information, after the system booted,
> > may be from proc entry ?
>
> Congrats. You just re-invented DEBUG_STACK_USAGE, which just keeps a high-water mark
> for stack usage.

So, you mean to say, my implementation is good enough to get the
irq_stack usage, from the interrupt handler ?
But my concern is that if I dump it from irq handler, I will get
information only for the current cpu.
How do I store and get the information for all the cpu from the boot time ?
>From where do I call my dump_irq_stack_info() [some where during the
entry/exit part of the irq handler], so that I could dump information
for all the handler at boot time itself ?
Like I would to capture these information:
- What was the name of the handler ?
- Which cpu was executing it ?
- How much irq stack (max value, same like high water mark) were used
at that time ?

Where can I collect these information from the boot time ?

Thanks,
Pintu