function stack frames in the kernel

Carter Cheng cartercheng at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:00:02 EST 2018

Thanks for the reply but the link doesn't quite answer the question. I am
wondering how the pointer is handled so that there is one per thread by the
compiler. I perhaps was under the perhaps mistaken impression that the
stack pointer frame pointer management inside the compiler makes certain
assumptions in user space- but i am unsure how this applies to kernel space.