Driver as built-in instead of module

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Mar 16 04:21:00 EDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 01:23:38PM +0530, MUHAMMED ASAD P T wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We need to add the driver  as 'built in' in kernel. We had changed in kernel configuration for our custom driver. But, when the kernel is booted up, it is not calling the driver. what are the necessary steps to do this built-in to Kernel?

You just built it into the kernel image.

To start with, how are you building your kernel image?  Is your driver
build "separate"?  If so, that will not work as the kernel image has to
be built at the same time as your driver for that to work.

Do you have a pointer to the source of your driver anywhere to see if it
even can be built into the kernel?

thanks,

greg k-h