Year 2038 time set problem

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Mar 5 07:43:38 EST 2018

On Mon, 05 Mar 2018 07:20:35 -0500, Ruben Safir said:
> So any system where you need to, or want to install it and forget about
> it for a long period of time, the Linux kernel can not be considered a
> choice for that usage because it needs contact oversite and upgrades.

That's true for *any* software.  Guess you get to build it out of cogs
and levers.  vxworks has bugs too:

https://www.cvedetails.com/product/15063/Windriver-Vxworks.html?vendor_id=95

And I'm willing to bet a large pizza with everything but anchovies that
the Vxworks total would be higher if it had enough market share to make
it worth researching.

Oh, and somebody found a 30 year old bug in VMS recently.