Year 2038 time set problem

Alex Arvelaez ealejandro at outlook.com
Sun Mar 4 23:07:44 EST 2018

On Mar 4, 2018 10:15 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> On 03/04/2018 09:35 PM, Alex Arvelaez wrote:
> > If you don't need high availability, what's the problem with the occasional reboot?
>
> I have a life, and its a chore to reboot the 3 boxes after every

easy: set up a cronjob to do it for you.

> upgrade.  It runs my phones, my TV, my house security, and my mail and
> webserver and booting them all is a PIA.  If it is raining security
> holes with every kernel upgrade, that is a big problem, and that is
> before all these appliances.

there is no "raining security holes with every kernel update", simply bugs get found after release or can't make it to that release cycle(a bug fix may cause regressions that need to be fixed, testing, etc.).

Keep your OS up-to-date and you'll be fine.

Regards,

Alex